192.168.1.1 is known as default Linksys extender login IP address. With the Linksys extender IP address 192.168.1.1, a user can easily access the set up of Linksys WiFi range extender and change the configuration settings of an extender device. As per the different model may be your Linksys range extender use a different IP address like 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.240. But majorly as the alternative of http://extender.linksys.com 192.168.1.1 serves.
To log into a Linksys range extender, you need to use an extender.linksys.com URL web address. Sometimes it displays error which makes difficult for the users to complete the Linksys extender setup procedure. In this particular case using 192.168.1.1 IP address is found to be the best for login to Linksys extender setup page.
Step By Step Guide to Install Linksys Range Extender with 192.168.1.1
It is important to understand the Linksys range extender installation process before setting up it with 192.168.1.1. Therefore you need to must follow the below-given steps-
- First of all, attach the antennas with your Linksys WiFi range extender and the power cable cord. Keep the antennas in the upright position for achieving the best signal strength.
- Now search for the best midway where you can place or position your Linksys WiFi extender. It should be in between your current WiFi router and the dead network zone. This positioning will enhance the existing wireless signal strength.
- Once you are done with the complete placement and orientation. Power up your range extender and check the LED light of your range extender. After that connect your desktop or laptop with the Linksys extender device, to begin with, Linksys extender setup.
- If the setup does not start automatically then open a web browser and then remove http://extender.linksys.com and type http// 192.168.1.1 in the address bar to proceed for Linksys extender Login.
Use 192.168.1.1 to Setup Your Linksys WiFi Range Extender
As now you are done with the installation process. Now it’s the time to move a step ahead for Linksys extender setup with the fruitful IP address 192.168.1.1. It is so easy to understand that it does not require any sort of additional efforts. In this particular section, we will discuss Linksys extender 192.168.1.1 IP address setup. Many of the users mostly access the Linksys WiFi extender setup via visiting http:// extender.linksys.com. But sometimes get struggle to access the web address. But fortunately, there is an alternative method to access it. Let’s check it out.
After getting connected with Linksys WiFi range extender, all you need to access the Linksys extender setup page by following the below-mentioned details:
- You have to plug in your range extender in the power outlet.
- Connect your range extender with your desktop or laptop via Ethernet cable.
- Now open any of your preferred web browsers and type Linksys range extender default IP 192.168.1.1 in the address bar instead of http://extender.linksys.com.
- Now click on the Start, to begin with, the setup procedure. A terms & conditions agreement page will display on the screen. Check mark on “I Agree” box and tap on Next.
- Now select the SSID or wireless network when promoted to the next screen. With the built-in spot finder technology, you will get notified about your Linksys range extender’s signal strength.
- You can shift your range extender either as per the requirement for better signal strength. Once you find the better position click on the Connect button.
- Once the setup completes, you will automatically be prompted to a new screen where you need to mention your home network security passphrase. Then click on the Next button.
- Within the next step, you need to enter the preferred extended network configuration in the fields and then tap on Next.
- Now once you are done here. Congrats you have successfully done with the complete Linksys extender configuration procedure.
If at some step you tackle with some sort issue, it’s good to have the assistance of technical experts for smooth functioning. Just dial 1-844-926-1100.