Linksys WiFi Range Extenders
Linksys WiFi range extenders are a top-notch choice when comes to expand the range of an existing router. If you own a large home, then chances are you might not be able to enjoy the internet in every corner of your house. For this, setting up Linksys extenders can prove to be a big help. If you are worried about how to configure these WiFi range devices, then leave the trouble to us. Here we will guide you on each and every step that is needed for successful Linksys extender setup. Let’s start up!
Linksys Extender Setup
Linksys extender setup is possible in many ways. There are various methods to set up Linksys WiFi range extenders. Here we’ll guide you on various methods one by one.
Linksys Extender Setup: Manual Method
Linksys WiFi range extender allows you to repeat the WiFi signals of any router or access point for providing internet connectivity in dead zones through a wired or wireless connection. For novices, setting up their extender can be a daunting task. If this is the case with you, walk through the steps below and learn how to manually set up your Linksys extender.
Prerequisites for Linksys Extender Setup:
Before commencing the Linksys extender setup, make sure you have done the following:
1. Determine the wireless settings of router/access point. They are:
- Wireless Channel
- Wireless Network Name, and
- Wireless password or security key
2. If you are doing the Linksys extender setup for fixing some issues, then make sure to first reset the Linksys range extender.
Let’s now start with the process of Linksys extender setup.
- Plug your Linksys extender into a power outlet.
- Connect your router to your range extender. Make sure the LEDs are stable.
- Launch your preferred web browser and enter the default web address extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
Note: If extender.linksys.com is not working for you, you can either use default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the web address bar or reach out to our seasoned experts for immediate assistance. To get in touch with one of our Linksys extender tech support experts, dial our toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
- As soon as you access extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1, you will be asked to enter your credentials. For this, you are advised to enter the default password and hit Log In.
- You will now land on the Dashboard of your WiFi range extender Linksys.
- From here, navigate to Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Now, select the Manual option and enter other necessary details like SSID.
- Now head towards Wireless Security option and select the Security Mode you prefer to follow.
- Once done, enter your Passphrase and hit on Save Settings.
That’s it! You’re all done with the Linksys.extender.setup.
Linksys Extender Setup: WPS Method
- Plug in your Linksys extender to the power outlet.
- Now locate the WPS button on your extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a while.
- Now locate the WPS button on your router and press it.
That’s it! You are done with the Linksys extender setup using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button.
Though the method is really simple to use, even if you face any problem while doing the setup, you are welcome to get tech support assistance from our experts who are on their toes to help you the way you fancy. Dial toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender Setup as Access Point
Linksys extender setup as an access point allows a user to set up more than one device to the same unit with ease. Yes, you read it right. Following this method, you can setup multiple Linksys WiFi range extenders as per your need. Here’s how to set up Linksys extender as Access Point.
- Get access to your Linksys range extender and plug in it to a power outlet.
- Now connect your extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now connect to the default SSID: Linksys extender setup-xxx
- Next, launch a web browser of your choice and enter http://extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
- Now click on Start Setup button.
- You are now suggested to select the answer to the question ‘ How do you want to use your range extender’?
- For this, select the option ‘As an access point’ and click on Next.
- Now is the time to create an extended network.
- To create the one, hit Next.
You are all done! Your Linksys WiFi range extender is now set up in Access mode.