Linksys WiFi Range Extenders
Linksys WiFi range extenders are a top-notch choice when comes to expand the range of an existing router. If you own a large home, then chances are you might not be able to enjoy the internet in every corner of your house. For this, setting up Linksys extenders can prove to be a big help. If you are worried about how to configure these WiFi range devices, then leave the trouble to us. Here we will guide you on each and every step that is needed for successful Linksys extender setup. Let’s start up!
Linksys Extender Setup
Linksys extender setup is possible in many ways. There are various methods to set up Linksys WiFi range extenders. Here we’ll guide you on various methods one by one.
Linksys Extender Setup: Manual Method
Linksys WiFi range extender allows you to repeat the WiFi signals of any router or access point for providing internet connectivity in dead zones through a wired or wireless connection. For novices, setting up their extender can be a daunting task. If this is the case with you, walk through the steps below and learn how to manually set up your Linksys extender.
Prerequisites for Linksys Extender Setup:
Before commencing the Linksys extender setup, make sure you have done the following:
1. Determine the wireless settings of router/access point. They are:
- Wireless Channel
- Wireless Network Name,
- And Wireless password or security key
2. If you are doing the Linksys extender setup for fixing some issues, then make sure to first reset the Linksys range extender.
Let’s now start with the process of Linksys extender setup.
- Plug your Linksys extender into a power outlet.
- Connect your router to your range extender. Make sure the LEDs are stable.
- Launch your preferred web browser and enter the default web address extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
Note: If extender.linksys.com is not working for you, you can either use default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the web address bar or reach out to our seasoned experts for immediate assistance. To get in touch with one of our Linksys extender tech support experts, dial our toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
- As soon as you access extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1, you will be asked to enter your credentials. For this, you are advised to enter the default password and hit Log In.
- You will now land on the Dashboard of your WiFi range extender Linksys.
- From here, navigate to Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Now, select the Manual option and enter other necessary details like SSID.
- Now head towards Wireless Security option and select the Security Mode you prefer to follow.
- Once done, enter your Passphrase and hit on Save Settings.
That’s it! You’re all done with the Linksys.extender.setup.
Linksys Extender Setup: WPS Method
- Plug in your Linksys extender to the power outlet.
- Now locate the WPS button on your extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a while.
- Now locate the WPS button on your router and press it.
That’s it! You are done with the Linksys extender setup using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button.
Though the method is really simple to use, even if you face any problem while doing the setup, you are welcome to get tech support assistance from our experts who are on their toes to help you the way you fancy. Dial toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender Setup as Access Point
Linksys extender setup as an access point allows a user to set up more than one device to the same unit with ease. Yes, you read it right. Following this method, you can setup multiple Linksys WiFi range extenders as per your need. Here’s how to set up Linksys extender as Access Point.
- Get access to your Linksys range extender and plug in it to a power outlet.
- Now connect your extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now connect to the default SSID: Linksys extender setup-xxx
- Next, launch a web browser of your choice and enter http://extender.linksys.com in the web address bar.
- Now click on Start Setup button.
- You are now suggested to select the answer to the question ‘ How do you want to use your range extender’?
- For this, select the option ‘As an access point’ and click on Next.
- Now is the time to create an extended network.
- To create the one, hit Next.
You are all done! Your Linksys WiFi range extender is now set up in Access mode.
How to Access Linksys Extender Login Page?
Many users face issues while accessing the Linksys extender login page. If you want to know the process of accessing Linksys extender login page, then here’s how to do it.
- Before commencing the process, make sure your Linksys extender is up and running.
- Connect your extender to your router using a wire or wirelessly.
- Once connected, launch any web browser and access extender.linksys.com.
- This will take you to the Linksys extender login page.
- Reaching the Linksys extender login page, you can simply enter your credentials for getting started with your device.
You are all done! We hope that following the process, you’ll easily be able to access the Linksys extender login page. For any kind of assistance, dial toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender Setup: Forgot Password
While doing Linksys extender setup via extender.linksys.com, if the default password is not working for you, then chances are you might have changed it something new and now can’t recognize it. Don’t panic! We can recover it for you. Simply call our experts and let them do all the hard work for you.
As an alternative, you can also try to reset your Linksys extender to default settings. Hold On! We suggest to initiate resetting the device only if you have some technical knowledge. If you are a rookie and don’t know how to perform Linksys extender login again then you must leave this task for experts.
They will not only help you reset your extender but also assist with the creation of a new password for your devices to make it safe from potential threats. For quick and proficient assistance, dial toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender: Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of an extender is a must to maintain the functioning of the device. A software can get outdated or corrupted very easily. In such a scenario, it may hamper the performance of your entire system by infusing virus or corrupted file into your system. To avoid the hassle, you are suggested to update the latest Linksys extender firmware via extender.linksys.com. Follow the steps below to know how to update the firmware on Linksys WiFi range extenders.
- First, get access to your Linksys cloud account and hit on Connectivity.
- Now click the Update button under the Firmware Update section.
- Once done, you are suggested to download the file by clicking on it.
- Now, hit Yes on the Update Firmware pop-up box.
- Doing so will start the firmware updating process.
That’s it! Your device is updated with the latest firmware!
In case you find it difficult to update the firmware of your Linksys extender, feel free to get in touch with our experts who are at your beck and call to assist you. Our highly-trained team is 24×7 available to fix any issues you might be facing with your Linksys extender. We are just a call away. Dial our toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender Reset
Linksys extenders are helpful to expand the range of the wireless network. But, at times, users face various issues with their Linksys extender. If you are also facing some issues with your Linksys extender, then you can reset it back to its default factory settings. You can perform Linksys extender reset in a matter of minutes. Here’s how to do it.
- Get access to your Linksys extender and locate the Reset button on it.
- You can locate the button next to the Auto-configuration button.
- Press and release the button.
- That’s it! Your Linksys extender resets to its factory settings.
In case you need any assistance while performing Linksys extender reset, call our tech support experts by dialing the toll-free 1-844-926-1100.
Linksys Extender Setup: Common Issues
- extender.linksys.com not working.
- The default IP 192.168.1.1 of my Linksys extender is not working.
- Can’t access extender.linksys.com login page.
- extender.linksys.com is not taking me to the login page.
- 192.168.1.1 setup process is not working.
- 192.168.1.1 admin credentials are not working.
- Can’t configure my Linksys WiFi range extender AC1200.
- Not able to access Linksys range extender login page.
Above-listed are the most common issues faced by users around the globe. These issues blocks users from doing the setup process of their Linksys extender. If any of the above issues is baffling you, reach out to us. Our proficient, dedicated and highly-efficient technicians will help you troubleshoot the issue you might be facing. You can contact us either via call, chat or email. However, for immediate help, we prefer you to make us a call at our toll-free 1-844-926-1100.